Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Realism in Flies



A couple of weeks ago at the the WNC Fly Fishing Expo, I was introduced to Andres Touceda, a phenomenal tyer. Now, I'll admit that I don't completely understand the attraction of tying realistic flies, but it was hard not to be impressed by Andres' work.




Stop by his site and take a look at his flies; he took the time to tell me about his work and the incredible patience required to tie some of the more elaborate patterns. He told me some of the flies take over 100 hours to complete!

4 comments:

  1. Those are pretty sweet flies. I don't have the patience to tie those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely flies, but I'd rather fish for a hundred hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What art but I have to agree with Phillip, more fishing less tying bench time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can name that tune in 3 notes...

    ReplyDelete